Tuesday, September 7, 2010

True Friends

I'm still a little amazed that five mothers (ahem, 14 children among us!) from all over the country were able to escape to Texas this Labor Day weekend.

Missy, Leslie, Anita, Renee & Lacy

We always call each other roommates, but we only lived together for one college year.

Leslie & Anita

Renee & Lacy
Lacy & Anita

Austin is Renee's hometown and she hosted us in style!
We loved the Oasis.

Anita is expecting baby #3, a girl!
We had fun getting the new little one some tiny infant things.

Renee with her sweet boys at church. 
It was my first time to meet Cason & Braden - they are SWEET.

We loved Renee's church - Gateway Church.

Lacy Peacock!

The best was just the togetherness.
Lacy & Renee have birthdays this week.
We all enjoyed the cake.



I cannot number the many "Bahama Snow Shack" treats we enjoyed in college -
Of course, we indulged once again.

Most importantly, we had time and space to just do what friends enjoy most:
sharing old memories,
watching corny movies (and narrating),
relax at the pool and have unrushed times,
crying some, laughing lots!

Eating, sharing, comparing, encouraging -


We really know each other, and it only deepens our bond.
I love these women!


Thank you, Renee, for letting us invade your space and treating us so very well.  I am ever grateful for your friendship!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo

Fiercy Independent

Wildly Loyal

Optimistic in Attitude

Devoted to Christ

Unabashedly in love with my Children

Thrifty but Extravagant

Mother, Daughter, Sister, Leader, Wanderer, Friend, Supporter & loves making connections with people. 

I used to think that perfection was the goal, now I'm learning to love the journey and the process.